Monday 1 October 2007

Prague 2


Home again, and I can't say I'm sorry to be back - Prague was great and we had a great time, but it's charm was somewhat lost on me I think. Perhaps it was the enormous crowds of shambling octogenarian American tourists (which put me in mind of the Night of the Living Dead for some reason), I'm really not sure. I'm not the world's biggest dumpling fan, either.


This is coming out sounding less charitable than I mean it to - we did have a storming night on Saturday night (bar - restaurant - bar - bar - bar - bar - bar), which was a mighty success by anyone's standards. The smarter bars in Prague really seem to know how to treat you; cigars arriving with proper ashtrays, lighting splints and cutters, malt whisky with water and ice on the side, should you wish to interfere with your drink. Martinis were pretty damn good and they even sold absinthe properly, with the flaming spoon of sugar to swirl into it.


That was all in one bar. We got out for about a tenner each. Amazing. On the whole I'd say it's a great place for a weekend; go for the nightlife, go for the more expensive looking places and don't bother sightseeing unless you particularly fancy gaining first hand evidence to back up your creeping prejudice against the colonial elderly.


As you can imagine, I'm still a bit sleepy. Work is increasingly mental as we're speeding up towards the end of this four-week sprint (still on the Irish project), building a business model and an organisational blueprint for our client. It's all new to me, but I'm learning fast, I think. I hope so, anyway. Two weeks to go...
The picture is the door handle on the inside of our amazing apartment, by the way. What a find...

No comments: