Monday 22 October 2007

Freeloading, weekend, tentatively satisfied

saatchi

I'm not sure if you can quite make this out, but it's a photo of the handwash stuff from the men's loos in the Saatchi & Saatchi building on Golden Square. I've posted this purely as it seemed hilarious that after looking up to said organisation for most of my professional life, I found myself on Wednesday night spilling beer and eating more than my fair share of canapes in the foyer whilst Rudy used their lovely plant pots to knock the caps off beer bottles. What class and suaveness.

Anyway, the reason I was there was that a thing has launched recently called Voeveo, which is basically a global platform for sharing and selling content through one's mobile. So anyone who owns anything digital, be it music, video or whatever, can upload it to Voeveo and anyone in the world can buy it and download it. Very interesting stuff, mostly from a financial and back-end point of view which I won't bore you with here. They're from New Zealand, which generally makes them all-round good eggs in my book.

Apart from that, things have been reasonably quiet of late. The rugby finished on Saturday with a fairly limp game on the whole, which the Kiwi and I watched in the Temperance as usual before going home early and going to sleep more or less instantly. Sunday was more eventful; we had lunch with some friends who're not only heading back to NZ for good soon but pregnant as well. Despite one of our party being with child we managed a fairly long lunch and returned home tired and emotional at about 8, I think. Fortunately my rule of going ugly early on a Sunday worked and I have been hangover-free all day.

Last week was project management week, our PM being on holiday. I've refrained from posting on the subject whilst it was all going on, so I could give an overview of how it all went, and I'm pleased to report it all seems to have gone off pretty smoothly. The week wasn't without its learnings, suffice it to say, but on the whole much better than last time, which is good. #

And another thing - I'm only 30% of the way to my target, so dig deep, people. So far, Melvis, the Kiwi and the Milkman have all successfully bought my favour.

No comments: