Thursday 11 October 2007

Phase end, widget, drinking

More techie stuff, sorry. I'm writing this post using Microsoft Live Writer, which is a little app which lets me write blog posts without necessarily being online, something that's potentially quite useful when travelling etc. Provided it actually works, it'll change the way I use this blog quite a bit.

 

That said, you might start to see more maudlin entries from Dublin hotel rooms moaning about being bored and / or overworked etc. We'll just have to see.

 

Lately work appears to be picking up - I'm feeling less like I've no clue what I'm talking about, which is a good start, and of late have occasionally been producing stuff I'm actually rather proud of, even if it's just a well-turned spreadsheet. So that's all good. This phase of the Irish project finishes tomorrow (day trip to Dublin, bah), with next week once again resembling a great unknown filled with terrifyingly unbillable days.

 

However, I'm largely ignoring that at the moment, looking forward instead to heading up to Leeds to see an old friend and watch the England v France game amid a storm of homemade cocktails. Speaking of which, caught up with Melvin on Tuesday in the lovely La Perla on Maiden Lane, happy hour margaritas and top notch Mexican food, all good, highly recommended.

No comments: