Friday 31 August 2007

Holidays

... and so we're off. In 10 minutes that is, but I thought I'd take the final few minutes of the Kiwi's 'getting ready' to knock out a quick blog entry.

Last night's wine tasting went down a storm, by all accounts - they always start the same, fairly subdued and everyone acting a bit nervous, and by the third wine everyone loosens up a bit and starts to interact. Job well done. The success of the tasting somewhat made up for the inevitable depression which followed a meeting with a financial advisor who assessed my position as 'in a bit of a state' and then smugly told me the saving plan he'd followed all his life etc etc etc before returning to the fact that I'm going to die penniless.

Pah.

Anyway, I'm hungover and the Kiwi's got some sort of 'flu going on which has decimated her entire office and is forcing her to speak in a whisper, which makes everything she says sound like a really big secret and I'm so trying to be supportive and caring but I think it's coming off more like I'm just laughing at her, which is sort of true. Bad boyfriend, again.

Aha - she's clothed, made up and hairdone, looking lovely as usual, so I'm guessing this is my cue to shut down the PC... see you in a week!

No comments: