Saturday 18 August 2007

.... and another thing...

I'm doing this a lot, aren't I? Anyway, I just wanted to point out that I've just seen the video to The Smiths 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' on TMF, which is a funny little channel that sometimes comes up with some intriguing stuff.

Anyway, as anyone who's ever spent any time in Manchester will know instantly, it's filmed around there (Salford, I believe). And it reminded me how much I love and miss that amazing city - even the boarded up council houses and dodgy industrial areas - there's a familiarity and a melancholy friendliness even in the rusting gasometers and crappy broken up roads. I did once plan to move back there one day...

On another note, the next video TMF served up was Adam Ant's 'Prince Charming', which instantly extinguished any longing thoughts of the north with 'By golly you're right Adam: ridicule is nothing to be scared of!'. It's been a funny old day.

No comments: