Tuesday 26 June 2007

'Normality' returns

From what the Kiwi's told me, New York is a rather splendid place which apparently I'd lurve, must pencil that one in for a sneaky work trip or something. My new masters do have an office there, or so I hear. One can dream....

It's good to have her back. Apart from the empty fridge and full washing baskets, I really was starting to miss her and so on - I'm sure you picked up on that so I'll not go into it all over again. Anyway, weekend was lovely, did a wine tasting for some friends of friends on Saturday which was predictably raucous - these things always descend into anarchy some time around the fourth or fifth wine. I'm available for hire should anyone fancy trying it on themselves.

Week 6 begins with sheer, full-on panic. This project's reaching fever pitch and I'm starting to adopt a sort of pained, hunted expression most of the time and am constantly fretting about having missed out a number or something. A proper assessment of how it's really gone won't be available until it's finished though, so watch this space pop pickers.

In answer to Tingo, the fashion thing went very well thanks - got some hot insider info from a friend on Thursday night so could be reasonably smug on Friday - I think I might be asked to properly present to the whole biz at some point. Am also angling to get onto one of the several clothing-related projects we're working on too.

Right - to work. Bah. I'm slightly hungover from meeting up with an ex-colleague last night in Covent Garden. Which was ace - The Cove Bar is a little haven of normality in the tourist hell that is the piazza.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

New York is a splendid place and I've no doubt you would love it. However the humidity here is at 63% at the moment so it's almost unbearable to spend any time outside. So, more reason to go indoors to the shops, then...

thiswasme said...

Hehe - shops. The Kiwi *did* come back with several times her (tiny) weight in shopping - fortunately: a) the dollar's worth about sixepence halfpenny right now and b) some of it was for me, hooray!