Thursday 7 June 2007

It's happening!


Now, I wasn't going to do this until it'd fully opened, but I'm just a bit too excited about it - my first marigold is opening! I'll post a few more pics once it's properly open, and probably take them on a better camera, but here you go.
I know it's not the most manly thing in the world to get all excited about a little flower that you've grown from seed but trust me, this has taken bloody ages and plenty of TLC from yours truly over the past months (months!) so it's a bit of a momentous occasion. I wanted to prove to myself that I could grow stuff, as throughout my whole life I've shied away from it having once killed a couple of house plants in my youth. How growed up do I feel now? Tremendous. What you can't see next to my lovely flower is the Kiwi's pot - full of rocket and chives, which are both lovely but are now frankly overshadowed by my majestic Marigold, which I'm sure will be the envy of the neighbourhood before too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Marigolds are magic. Half of mine have been eaten...... Much respect to you.