Tuesday 5 June 2007

Head : Boom

So, half way through Week 3 (I'm as old as my first project and am tending to have an all-too obvious measuring point as a result), I'm feeling strangely calm. The project manager on this one is less so, but she's got nothing to worry about, I'm sure. At least, I keep telling her (and myself) that...

It's been a while since my last post - longer than I'd hoped - mainly as by the time I get home I'm KNACKERED and can't look my laptop in the eye without feeling guilty about how much there is left to do before we present at the end of Week 7. Doing this much thinking has been a bit of a shock to me - it feels like I've gone from mentally running a 5k once a week to attempting a full marathon every day in full view of the olympic council. Although were that the case I'd still find time to ask what that godforsaken logo is all about.

I'm still enjoying it though. Tomorrow morning we have a bit of an update with our MD who's sponsoring this project internally, so things may be different after that, but I'm quietly confident things will be ok. Thinking about it, you could say that the honeymoon period is wearing off, and I'm starting to become aware that what we're doing here is really quite serious so I'd better like, do some, like, 'work' and all.

Anyway, more on this later in the week, with any luck. The Kiwi has wonderfully made dinner and I'm being very rude still typing whilst it's ready and on the table. So I'm told.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou. Now you seem to be getting into gear, travelling a bit more smoothly.What are marathons about? Pacing yourself? Running intelligently, planning the race? Being as fit as possible for it?