Wednesday 14 November 2007

Hermitude

I know, I know, it's been ages since I last posted. I'm not ignoring you all or getting bored with bloggery, I've just been making a concerted effort to preserve my health and bank balances by staying in (and thus out of trouble) for the past couple of weeks. Bar half a night out with some old digital people (Blair, Dan A and some others) last week I've been very good indeed, even last weekend when I practically became one with the sofa. Bliss.

On the work front, things are pootling along quite nicely thank you very much. I've made my decision and am staying firmly within the retail team, as firstly it's what I understand and secondly there's a fair old job to be done in getting this business to behave like the market leader it's become. So that's that. It does mean I've now got a ton of work to do as well as my day job though...

The Kiwi and I went to the premiere of Beowulf on Sunday, what a lark that was - red carpet, Angelina Jolie, Anthony Hopkins (who was very gracious when the Kiwi burst out in solitary applause when he walked past - he'd so play her dad in the film of her life) etc. Truth be told it's a distinctly average film, but the 3D imagery really is quite special. It also gives you the opportunity to turn around halfway through the film and titter at the whole audience looking like Buddy Holly with their 3D specs on.

And as those who keep an eye on my Facebook profile will know, I'm less than impressed with Ms Jolie up close, which continues my trend in finding women who're known for being something special a bit average in the flesh. Shallow, I know, but I just can't help it. They all need to just eat some pies or something.

No comments: