Monday 21 May 2007

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Talk about feet not touching the ground - I was in front of clients at 1100 this morning, no time for induction, straight into it. Naturally I sat there for two hours like a stunned rabbit and didn't say a word. Way to go, newly-fledged business consultant, really knocked them dead.

Anyway, sniffly man-cold and muteness notwithstanding, it looks like I've definitely made the right choice in the move. First impressions speak of a bunch of highly intelligent, insightful and experienced people who're all more than happy to share all this wonderfulness - I'm sure the honeymoon period will wear off at some point but right now I'm sort of in awe of all this - someone asked my opinion today and not only seemed to actually care what I had to say, they seemed to take my feedback to heart.

That sort of thing rarely happens on the client side. This is a genuine eye-opener for me. So add to that a working laptop and email account being in place prior to my arrival and I'm sold.

On another note - mentioned my lovely girlfriend the Kiwi in my last post, very remiss of me not to expand... together for an amazing 2-and-a-bit years, living together for just over a year of that, sickeningly happy and pondering a move to New Zealand at some point in the not too distant future. She has, as always, been unbelievably supportive since I've started looking for a new job, including dealing with gloom and grumpiness and generally atypical behaviour during the process. Love? God yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

being listened to. it's amazing isn't it? i'm having a similar, bewildering experience almost hourly in my new place. keep it up! keep it UP! bengo / woody xxx