Monday 21 July 2008

Woo for the internets

I've finally got around to buying a domain name - rather wish I'd done it years ago but there you go, every day's a school day, isn't it? So I've gone and bought my first name last name dot co dot NZ, and currently there's nothing of any real worth there but just owning it is immensely satisfying. I've just got dot net as well, and am considering going to the arse who's parked surname dot co dot NZ and seeing how much they're going to charge me for it. Imagine how cool that email address would be...

Anyway, beyond my absurd geekiness, stuff is definitely good right now, although the Kiwi and I looked through the diary to try to find a spare weekend before we leave, and horrifyingly didn't find ONE weekend we can fit anything else into between now and then. We've got the whole of November free to do moving stuff, but other than that it's pretty much full, which in many ways fills me with dread - apart from anything else it makes it all seem so very close...

On the moving front, things continue to fall into place. HSBC have just added NZD to their supported currencies on their international current account, and the job trail is warming up, I think, as the housing market is cooling down, which is precisely the way I want things to go. It's almost time to start my visa application too...

On that note, my train's just pulling into Cambridge, so off I go to bang my head against the client's wall for another week. What fun.

No comments: